You learn a lot after being in PR for 20 years: how to juggle, how to read between the lines, how to laugh when you most need it, how not to take things too seriously, and, hopefully, how to tell a good story.
Here is a list of 20 tips and insights to commemorate our 20th anniversary.
CGPR’s 20 Tips
1. The devil is in the details
2. Research is everything
3. Use social media, don’t let it use you
4. Maintain relationships
5. PR is about what you say AND how you say it
6. Don’t be afraid to ask – over communicate
7. Stay informed and relevant
8. Be organized
9. Simplify your pitch
10. Set goals for yourself
11. Be a storyteller
12. Tell the truth
13. Learn how to walk away from an email that makes you mad
14. Know who your reporters are and what they like
15. Always keep deadlines in mind
16. Know when to take your time
17. Have a visual eye
18. Google it.
19. Be a team player
20. Have a sense of humor and be able to laugh at yourself